The SHOTBLOCKERS XT PRO + Tongue Combo is impact tested and rated as the most effective foot protection system on the market by the NHL® and NHLPA®. This product is easy to install and looks great. The Shotblockers XT Pro is custom molded to the player’s skate for seamless integration and skate-specific protection that doesn’t impede performance.
- Protects inside and outside of the foot.
- A featherlight 50 grams.
- Developed with high polymer.
- Custom built for skate size and model.
- One Set of Four (4) Shotblocker XT PRO (inside/outside protection per skate).
- One Set of Two (2) Shotblocker XT Tongue (one per skate).
- This product is designed and sized to cover the highest impact areas of the skate.
- ShotBlocker intentionally keeps the product below the eyelet stitching as they found that if the product is too close to the eyelet stitching, it is constantly being pulled as the skate lace tightens (this places too much strain on the adhesive).
- Although the sizes have been reduced to four main sizes per manufacturer, the ShotBlocker is still a custom made and selected product.
- The ShotBlocker is 80% molded to your skate upon receipt of your order (with a final fit to be completed on your end). This is why it does not ship immediately and the packaging is non-specific.
- AVOID DELAYS: ensure your CREDIT CARD and BILLING addresses MATCH.
Total skate protection making sure your feet are safe and sound: The Shot Blocker XT Pro is custom fit for each and every skate on the market. Shot blocking has never been easier with skate protection from Exterior Skate Protection. Shotblockers now offers the only custom fitted exterior skate protection in the world. The brand has grown to keep NHL all-stars like Zdeno Chara, P.K. Subban, and Drew Doughty safe and performing at the highest level.
Ultra Lightweight: The Shotblockers system is engineered using lightweight, energy absorbing thermoplastic and unique polymer blends making them virtually unnoticeable to the player.
Designed for Performance: Created to be worn. Shotblockers are thoughtfully designed to move comfortably with the skate so players can perform with added confidence.
Proven Protection: Impact tested and rated as the most effective foot protection system on the market by the NHL® and NHLPA®.
ShotBlockers XT Pro + Tongue Combo:
- Whether you want total skate protection or selected skate protection, there is finally an answer to the significant increase of foot injuries.
- The Shot Blockers skate protection is like nothing else on the market and has been approved for use in the NHL by the director of hockey operations for the NHL.
- Made of a graphite high polymer composite.
- The aim of the Shot Blocker is to protect feet without affecting performance.
- The Shot Blocker Pro is recommended for anyone over the age of twelve.
- The unique hinge design of the Shot Blocker XT Tongue protects the top of the foot and front of the ankle without the player or observer noticing it’s there. Made of High impact modified engineered resin which is over molded with an energy absorbing thermal polymer material. Feather light – 70 grams per skate.
- With the trend of foot injuries in the NHL increasing significantly in recent years, this product was developed to be light weight, while having an ultra shock resistant foot/ankle guard system that can be fitted to any skate without affecting the performance of the athlete.
WHY USE FOOT PROTECTION?
- "The use of foot guards seems to be trending up as more and more players are being asked to block shots." The Hockey Writers
- 11% of hockey injuries occur in the foot.
- 25 Pounds is the amount of pressure it takes to break the small bones in your body.
- 26 Bones are in each of our feet.
- 6-8 Weeks is the typical time is takes for a stress fracture to heal.
STEP 1: Wipe skate down to remove any dirt. Place XT Pro on skate with adhesive backing still on to get a visual of where your product with attach.
STEP 2: Wipe skate down with the provided adhesive promoter and allow to dry for 5 minutes.
STEP 3: Peel backing off the deflect and stick on skate. Apply pressure on the product to make sure it is sticking all around the outside.
STEP 4: For maximum adhesion allow product to cure for 12 hours. You will then be ready to BLOCK ON!
- Pat O'Neill - Equipment Manager, Vancouver Canucks
"Great product and wish more of our players would use them. Trainers and equipment managers need to know about this product."
- Pete Rogers - Head Equipment Manager, Nashville Predators