Outdoor backyard Durable String Reinforced Ice Rink Liners are 6mil thick, string reinforced, water tight, white on top and black on the bottom to hide dirt/debris. The white top helps to reflect unwanted heat from the sun's rays back towards the atmosphere to protect your precious ice surface. In addition, our rink liners are impermeable and pin-hole free.
The key to building a great outdoor ice rink is in creating a solid, quality waterproof base and this Durable String Reinforced Ice Rink Liner will help to make you winter project an enjoyable experience. Ahhhh...memories!!
- UV Tested.
- 1st Melt Plastic Resin.
- Ultra white colour or white top and black bottom.
- 100% recyclable.
- One White Ice Rink LINER String Reinforced.
- Liners are 6 mil thick, 3-ply and string reinforced.
- All measurements on the "Select ANY Size Listed & CHECK OUT Online!" menu above are in feet.
- Rolled onto a solid core for safety and ease of installation.
- AVOID DELAYS: ensure your CREDIT CARD and BILLING addresses MATCH.
- All sizes listed on the "Select ANY Size Listed & CHECK OUT Online!" menu above will be shipped via, FedEx, UPS, etc. and are shipped in what carriers consider as an oversized box. This results in a little higher shipping fee, but it's way less expensive than freight via transport truck.
- Unfortunately, all pricing for oversize shipments has dramatically increased throughout the pandemic. We wish it wasn’t the case and note that these costs are not within our control.
- Ships from a central warehouse in a heavy duty, double-walled box.
- We ship from multiple warehouses, so PICK UP is NOT an option.
CUSTOM SIZES are AVAILABLE via GET AN OFFICAL QUOTE at the very bottom of this product page
- Any size NOT LISTED on the "Select ANY Size Listed & CHECK OUT Online!" menu above, requires a manual quote and shipment via a freight carrier. All measurements are in feet.
- Widths are available in 25, 32, 50 and 65.
- Lengths are available in virtually any size.
- For custom size quotes with shipping, see the very bottom of this product page to GET AN OFFICIAL QUOTE.
Iron Sleek manufactures some of the finest quality 6 mil, multi-layered, white Ice Rink Liners available. Each size comes as a single seamless sheet and only virgin polyethylene plastic resins (LDPE) are utilized. This means NO RECYCLED MATERIALS, NO POST CONSUMER PRODUCT ADDITIVES, and NO INFERIOR FINISHED PRODUCTS...just 100% pure plastic liners that are specifically designed for winter ice rinks.
These poly sheet ice liners are engineered to withstand the frigid cold without cracking, and best of all, they are 100% water tight. Iron Sleek liners do not seep water (like woven tarps do) and they are 100% water tight...a true necessity for freeze/thaw weather conditions!
- 100% Pure Plastic 6mil 3 Ply.
- Tearproof, Waterproof, and Pin-Hole Free.
- High Strength and UV Tested Liner.
- The first melt plastic resin.
- The 3 ply refers to the amount of pieces that are used to make the 6 mil thickness. For example, it could be made up of 3 sections of 2 mil molten polyethylene.
- The White color liner provides a reflective surface to help keep the sun's rays from melting your rink.
- The larger sizes utilize welds.
- The perfect liner to rebuild your rink from the year before.
- Allow approximately 5 feet on both ends of the liner for brackets and short boards.
- Due to scarcity of some sizes, we may substitute with our larger size materials. Some of these substitutions are white on top with a black bottom. Know that our priority is to get you a liner in time for the season!
Ice rink liner Sizing Tips
No short cuts here. Always choose a liner that is substantially larger than your rink. Below are some simple tips to help you choose a liner size.
- For simple rinks with short boards, smaller in size (say under 30 by 50) on relatively flat ground. Add 5 feet to the length of the rink and 5 feet to the length of the rink. We call this the 5 rule. The 5 rule should do the trick for most rinks. For example, for a 30 by 50 rink, choose a 35 by 55 liner.
- For longer rinks, say over 60. Add 10 feet to the length of your rink to choose a suitable liner. Longer rinks have more variables. You will not regret the extra plastic!
- For rinks on wavy and undulating ground, add 10 feet on length and width for small rinks and possibly more for bigger rinks. Undulating ground will consume more liner than you expect once the liner is filled and follows the waviness of ground.
- Tall boards- Be sure to add the board heights to the liner extra. For example, for a 30 by 50 with 4 foot boards all around, Choose 45 by 65. That is the 5 rule plus the board heights rounded up to our nearest liner cut.
Choose a liner large enough to cover your entire skating surface (and then some). The 100% plastic ice rink tarp should reach all the way up the boards and drop down over the other side. A great rule of thumb is to add 5 feet or more to the length and width. For ground that has a lot of divots and humps, be sure to increase your liner size, as the liner will follow the contour of the ground surface. For example, a rink that is 30 by 50 should use a plastic liner or tarp that is at least 35 by 55. It is always good to have extra liner just in case you need to use taller boards. Always error on the side of additional liner, because once the sheet is down and filled with water, it is virtually impossible to shift without draining.
Play it say with your liner sizing. Bigger is almost always better. If you are a first timer, DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF CHOOSING TOO SMALL OF A LINER. A bigger liner will provide a rookie with forgiveness for any misjudgments in size or misalignments when installing.
Installing an ice rink liner
Treat your liner very carefully when installing it. Be sure that nothing sharp is within your rink area or on your boards. One common mistake is not noticing screws that have protruded through the boards and into the rink area. If you happen to have a mishap, note that our outdoor rink liners come with the best super tape to seal it water tight again.
Prior to installing your lineer, be sure to fill any bottom gaps with soil and compact it down. Carefully unroll your liner and unfold the width. Now, tuck your liner down gently into the rink bottom. Do not staple your ice rink liner until the water is fully settled around the rink frame. A Rink Topper is analternative to stapling.
- Do not walk on your liner as it is the key foundation to a great skating season. Never reach into your rink enclosure with tools that could cut or damage your liner in any way (tools are ealsily dropped).
- It is possible use your liner for multiple seasons if you're willing to put in the extra work and diligence required to preserve the liner for the following year. This would include thoroughly drying out the liner, patching any damage and storing in a dry area during the off-season.
- When patching a hole, we recommend using underwater patch tape to make it easier to repair when any water is present.
To receive an official quote including shipping, SIMPLY click the link and provide the required information. Note: ONLY for sizes that are not listed on the "CHOOSE YOUR SIZE" menu above.
click here to GET AN OFFICIAL QUOTE